Each week will see a new section of our Lent Retreat become available. Published in cooperation with Pray as you go, the retreat draws on themes from Saint Paul's letter to the Romans. We will send you an email each week to let you know the retreat is available and to offer some further content to enhance your Lent.
- Pope Francis' Lent Message elaborates on the theme, He became poor, so that by his poverty you might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9).
- LivingSpace provides daily reflections on Lent's scripture readings. The calendar will help you to find commentaries such as is offered for the First Sunday of Lent.
- Follow Sacred Space on Twitter to have a link to the daily prayer tweeted to you.
- Usually associated with Advent, day-by-day calendars are appearing for Lent too. One version that may be of help to you is the Lenten Calendar 2014 published by the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference.
- Philip Endean’s On Not Giving Up Too Easily: Thoughts for Ash Wednesday from Thinking Faith - the on-line journal of the British Jesuits has application long after Ash Wednesday as it calls us to live out the Gospel not out of habits or superstition.
- Good spiritual reading is helpful in drawing benefit from the wisdom of others. Our last newsletter had some worthwhile recommendations of books from Loyola Press that might accompany your Lent observation. See the on-line version of the newsletter