How Sacred Space uses personal information
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Sacred Space website. On some pages, you can correspond with us, make prayer requests, register to receive our newsletter, send greetings to your friends or offer support (see our Contacts page). We use email addresses to answer the email we receive. Where appropriate later emails may be sent if merited by the correspondence. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Feedback and comments
Messages sent using our Feedback form are subject to moderation. Comments may be made on selected content using accompanying comment forms. These comments are subject to moderation and a selection may be published. Email addresses supplied using these forms are not published.
- Email addresses are never published.
- Names are not published on the Feedback page.
- URLs and references to resources not published by Sacred Space may be deleted.
- Comments may be edited at the discretion of Sacred Space.
- A selection of messages may be published.
- The publication of comments does not represent the endorsement of an opinion by Sacred Space.
- Names and email addresses supplied using the form on the Feedback page are not published on the Feedback page.
- Messages in other languages may sent to the Sacred Space translators in those languages.
Subscriptions to LatestSpace, the Sacred Space newsletter, are gathered using a double opt in procedure. Read about subscribing or changing your subscription. Every newsletter has a link to allow you to change your subscription or to unsubscribe. Our email newsletter may contain a “forward to a friend” facility. This email address is not used by Sacred Space for any other purpose.
Chapel of Intentions
You can choose for your prayer to be published at our discretion on the Sacred Space Chapel of Intentions or kept solely for the Prayer List that is not put on the web. (Check the box, ‘Please do not publish my prayer.’) Please avoid mentioning identifiable people in your prayer submission if you would like it to be published.
- Some prayers will be posted online unless they are marked “Please do not publish my prayer.”
- No prayers that are marked “Please do not publish my prayer” will appear online.
- All prayers will be included in the Prayer List that will be printed out and sent to our praying communities.
A printable compilation of prayers is sent each week to the Praying Communities listed on the Chapel of Intentions page.
No correspondence is ordinarily entered into with people who use the Chapel of Intentions.
Chapel of Remembrance
When you use a Sacred Space eCards, you are asked to provide your address and the address of the person who is to receive your greeting. This email address is not kept by Sacred Space and is not used for any other purpose. You can use the Preview option to see how the information you offer is transmitted.
Support Sacred Space
Sacred Space does not issue requests for monetary support. Voluntary contributions to support the work of the site are welcome using a PayPal facility on our Support pages.